What am I supposed to do with my life?
How do I focus my time and energy?
What is the best use of me and my talents?
How do I decide when to say “yes” and when to say “no?”
What have I been created to do??
What’s next for me??
If so, I’d like to invite you to join me on a journey to discover your calling.
Here’s where we’re going:
- Every day during the month of October, I will post a question. All you need to do is answer it.
- Grab a notebook or journal and take a few minutes to think through and write your answer to the day’s question. (Actually write it down! Or type it up! Don’t just think about the answer. This is important.)
- At the end of the month, I’ll show you how to use your answers to discover your calling.
- If you want to get even more out of the journey, grab a friend (or a spouse, teen, neighbor, coworker, or small study group) and make them do it with you! Your conversations about what you’re learning will greatly improve the whole experience, not to mention your results.
Here’s where I’m coming from on this:
- I believe you have been created by a God who loves you very much.
- I also believe that your intentional Creator has designed you in a unique way, to do unique things (that’s your calling).
- I have come to realize that when you are living out your unique calling, you will smile. And so will He.
I have been walking on this journey of discovering my calling (and helping other people discover theirs) for about 10 years now. I have compiled material over the years from my personal experiences in seminary, career counseling, and life coaching. I have taught this material in a college classroom, in a church setting, and in small discipleship groups. I’m really excited about sharing some of what I’ve learned through this online journaling experience. And I’m really looking forward to hearing how it impacts you.
Here’s where you (and God) are coming from on this:
All you need to have are questions, an open mind and heart, and the faithfulness to think through and answer all the questions. (And that notebook I was telling you about.) You don’t necessarily have to know God personally to come on this journey, but I will warn you… I think He’s coming after you. He already knows you really well (because He made you). And He wants you to know Him, too. The fact that you’re reading this tells me that He has called you to something important, and He wants you to know what that is.
So, if you’re up for it, grab your journal and join me for the next 31 days to discover your calling. Good things are coming!
Ready to get started?
Daily Journal Question: What questions regarding your calling are you wrestling with right now? At the end of the month, what question would you like to have answered? Go find that notebook or journal and take a few minutes to write down or type up your answers to these questions.
Don’t miss a post! Click on the + bubble below and enter your email address in order to follow this blog. That way, each new post will magically appear in your inbox each morning. 🙂
This series is part of a 31-day writing challenge held every October. Click here to see which other writers have taken the challenge and what they’re writing about!
Read the Discover Your Calling posts in order: